The Olympic Games🤸🏻♂️🤾🏻♀️🤽🏻♂️ is a very popular⭐ international🌍 event that happens every four4️⃣years. The event takes place in a different country🌍each time.
The Olympics 2021 starts on the 23rd of July this year🥳🥳. So it's time🕞 to get ready3️⃣2️⃣1️⃣ and prepare💪🏻.
So🤔, what are the different Olympic🤸🏻♂️🤾🏻♀️🤽🏻♂️ sports?
Here are some of the Olympic Games popular sports:
Gymnastics🤸🏻♀️ is a sport that involves exercises that require strength💪🏻, flexibility🤸🏻♂️ and control. Some exercises include floor exercises🧎🏻♂️ and bar exercises for people of all ages.
In gymnastics, people use their arms💪🏻, legs🦵🏻, shoulders, chest🙎🏻♀️ and muscles.
Benefits of Gymnastics🤸🏻♂️🤸🏻♀️:
- Gymnastics🤸🏻♀️ helps develop strong and healthy bones💪🏻.
- Increases⬆ self-esteem😊 from an early age.
- Improves⬆ understanding🤓 of discipline in children🧑🏻👧🏻 and grown-ups👨🏻👩🏻.
Swimming🏊🏻♂️ is a healthy and fun🥳 sport for people of all ages. Swimming🏊🏻♂️ is a form of physical exercise🏋🏻♀️.
Benefits of Swimming🏊🏻♂️:
- Helps improve sleep😴.
- Children who swim🏊🏻♂️ regularly during early childhood development have better⬆ chances of cutting paper✂, colouring-in✏ and drawing lines and shapes🟡🟨🔷🔺 when compared🔁 to others of the same age🧑🏻.
- Improves brain🧠 and emotional🙂😥 development.
3. Track and field🏃🏻♂️🤾🏻♀️
Track and field🏃🏻♂️🤾🏻♀️ games include lots of different athletic sports such as running🏃🏻♂️ races, long jump, high⬆ jump, race walks🚶🏻♀️ and many more.
There are many different activities to engage in within Track and Field🏃🏻♂️🤾🏻♀️ events at the Olympics and it’s a great👍🏻way for kids to start developing athletic🏃🏻♂️skills.
Benefits of Track and Field 🏃🏻♂️🤾🏻♀️sports:
- Increases⬆self-discipline🤓 and self-esteem.😊
- Improves memory🧠
– running🏃🏻♂️ stimulates the brain🧠 which helps to improve⬆memory🧠.
- Encourages👏🏻 children👧🏻🧑🏻 to engage in regular exercise🏋🏻♀️.
4. Football ⚽
Football is a sport where you need to use your feet🦶 to kick a ball⚽, football also includes running🏃🏻♂️🏃🏻♂️. It’s a sport that both boys🧑🏻 and girls👧🏻can enjoy.
Many people love💖 to play and watch football ⚽, this is a popular⭐ sport all around the world🌍.
Benefits of Football ⚽:
- Promotes fitness🧍🏻♂️ and good health👍🏻.
- Helps reduce⬇stress🤯.
- Increases⬆ social development🧍🏻♂️➡🧍🏻♂️.
5. Basketball 🏀
Basketball🏀 is a fun🥳 team sport🧍🏻♂️🧍🏻♂️🧍🏻♂️, it includes good👍🏻 hand-eye coordination✋🏻👀, running🏃🏻♂️, using your arms and hands, and strength💪🏻.
Benefits of Basketball🏀:
- Good👍🏻for muscle💪🏻 development.
- Great👌🏻for developing confidence😊 and teamwork🧍🏻♂️🧍🏻♂️🧍🏻♂️, as well as leadership🧍🏻♂️ skills when playing in a team.
- Promotes⬆ good body weight and physical activity👏🏻.
Badminton🏸 is a racquet🏸 sport played using racquets to hit a shuttlecock across the net🥅. It can be played individually🧍🏻♂️ or in teams🧍🏻♂️🧍🏻♂️. Badminton🏸 is a fun outdoor sport that lots of kids👧👦 and grown-ups👨👩 love💖!
Benefits of Badminton🏸:
- Improves eye👀 vision👓.
- Increases⬆children's🧑🏻👧🏻 attention🤓span.
- This risk of serious injury🤒is low⬇.
When children👧🏻👧🏻 participate in the Olympic Games🤾🏻♀️🏃🏻♂️🤽🏻♂️🤸🏻♂️, they can gain⭐ a sense of personal achievement🏆 and set goals🎯 for themselves. Sports allow children to develop many skills such as social 🗣👦🏻skills, physical skills and improve their health💯.