Getting good grades 💯 in school is important as it will open up many doors for your future, such as getting into a good college or university 🏫. It will also help you build a better future for yourself 👏.
Why are getting good grades important?
1) Getting good grades boosts your self-confidence in your learning 😊.
2) Opens the door to be accepted into college/university 🏫.
3) Motivates you to work towards achieving your goals 🎯.
Here are 5 tips to help you improve your grades if you are underperforming in school:
1. Be positive ➕
Receiving lower ⬇ grades can be discouraging, demotivating and you may tell yourself “I’m not good enough” or “I can’t do this” 😪. The first step to improving your grades is to change your mindset 🧠 – think positively. Start by mentally taking control of your school work and instead of telling yourself that you are not good enough start telling yourself “I can and I will do better than this” or “I will achieve my goals” ⭐💯👏🏼.
“A positive mind produces positive results”
2. Talk to your teachers 👩🏼🎓➡👩🏼🏫
Your teachers may know you best 👌🏼. Ask them about which areas you need to improve to do better, then draw up a plan of how you are going to achieve better grades.
3. Find the right learning style for you ✅
If you’re underperforming academically ⬇👩🏼🎓, it’s possible that you haven’t found the right learning style for you. Try different methods and see what suits you best 👌🏼.
Example: If you have been working/ studying on your own 🧍♀️, try studying with a friend or two 👩🏼🤝🧑🏽 so there’s someone else to motivate you 👏🏼.
4. Take extra one-on-one lessons 👩🏼🎓➡👩🏼🏫
Ask a teacher or someone who is trained to help you through extra lessons.📖 This will help you focus on your goals 🎯 as an individual.
Benefits of one-on-one lessons:
> One-on-one lessons can help teachers get to know their students’ needs fully and keep track of their progress.
> Students can focus on only the areas they may need to improve on.
> Helps students feel motivated as they have more time to focus on their personal goals.
Here are some ways to improve 👌🏼 your performance by making learning fun 🥳:
1) Try listening to calming/ relaxing music while studying 🎵.
2) Turn your course content into quizzes 🤔, for example, if you’re reading a storybook, create a quiz for yourself to practise after reading the book 📕🧾.
3) A change in location is sometimes good 🏕, try to do your homework or study outside where it's quiet and calm.
4) Try to combine your studies with other activities such as sports 🏃🏼♂️🏋🏼♀️ or hobbies. For example, you could go for a run 🏃🏼♂️ while listening to an audiobook or jog and recite any new vocabulary or grammar structures you learn 👏🏼.
"Education is the key 🔑 to unlock your future and change the world" 🌎
Let us know what helps you study and achieve academically in the comments section below.