The summer🌞 holidays usually last five5️⃣ weeks, this year it’s from the 25th of July to the 03 of September📅.
The summer🌞 holidays are the best time🕑 for children🧑🏻👧🏻 of all ages to keep active🤸🏻♂️👩🏻🔬👨🏻🍳 and learn some new skills👌🏻.
Why it is important to keep active🤸🏻♂️👩🏻🔬👨🏻🍳during holidays?🤔
Staying active👨🏻🍳👩🏻🔬🎨 and doing different activities during the holidays is very important👌🏻 because it helps you stay strong💪🏻, focused 🤓and learn⬆new skills. Keeping active is a great👌🏻 way to learn🤓, discover🔎 and explore your interests.
⭐Top five benefits of keeping active during the holidays🥳:
1. Helps your brain🧠 work better, so you can learn🤓 and remember more.
2. Helps increase ⬆your confidence and self-esteem😊.
3. Helps you build⬆ and discover🔎 new skills and find new hobbies👨🏻🍳👩🏻🔬.
4. Keeping active improves your mood😊 and makes you feel happier😁.
5. Improves⬆ your energy levels💃🏻.
Here are our top🏆 five 5️⃣fun activities to do at home🏡 during the summer🌞 holidays:
1. Arts and Crafts🎨
Doing arts and crafts🎨 improves⬆ focus and memory skills🧠, two very important abilities in both school and life. Engaging in arts and crafts is a fun and exciting way to spend your summer🌞 holidays.
Benefits of 🎨Arts and Crafts ✂
- It helps you express🗣 your feelings🙂😪😊😆.
- Encourage👏🏻 creativity and critical thinking🤔skills.
- Improves⬆coordination and fine motor skills💯.
Would you like👍🏻 to try some great craft projects?👏🏻 Click the link and head over to hours and hours of fun with our amazing craft videos.
2. Cooking and Baking👨🏻🍳👩🏻🍳
Spending time in the kitchen🍽🥢, cooking and baking👩🏻🍳new recipes helps children🧑🏻👧🏻 understand different types of foods. Basic cooking🍳 skills are something that you can learn and use for the rest of your life💯.
Benefits of cooking and baking 👨🏻🍳
- It’s a fun😁 learning experience.
- Helps you explore🔎 your senses, likes👍🏻 and dislikes👎🏻.
- Encourages👏🏻self-direction and independence🧍🏻♀️🧍🏻♂️.
- Helps develop fine-motor skills and hand-eye coordination💯.
Head over to our explore planet English Youtube page to try our delicious😋, fun and exciting recipes:
3. Science fun🔬🧪
Science experiments👩🏻🔬 and projects is a great way👌🏻 to discover the miracle of how things work😲. Science is great for developing⬆ the ability to ask questions🗣, collect information📜, test new ideas, solve problems🤔 and apply what you learn in your daily life👏🏻.
Different science projects and experiments help develop⬆ skills such as goal-setting🎯, planning🖊 and problem-solving💯.
Benefits of Science🔬🧪
- Helps develop⬆ problem-solving skills👏🏻.
- Encourage research that increases knowledge🤓 and understanding👌🏻.
- Active, self-directed learning builds STEM skills and interest⭐.
- Improves⬆ communication🗣 and organisation skills👏🏻💯.
Click the link to engage in our exciting💃🏻💃🏻, educational and fun science projects and learn real-life English🗣:
4. Gardening 🌵
Gardening🌵🍀☘🥀 benefits children🧑🏻👧🏻 of all ages because it provides a great opportunity to learn and develop critical skills🤓. Gardening🥀☘🌵🍀 is great to teach responsibility, for example, when you plant some seeds🌿 you have to take care of them so that they can grow healthy.
Benefits of gardening🍀🥀🌵
- Teaches responsibility👌🏻.
- Helps develop⬆ motor skills💯.
- Promotes healthy eating🥙🍓🍌🥔🥦 and living😁.
- Helps explore🔎 your senses👂🏻👃🏻👀✋🏻👄.
5. Have a theme day🎭
Having a fun theme day is a great👌🏻 way to keep active and have fun at the same time💃🏻, it allows you to be creative and have fun with your friends👦🏻👱🏻♀️ and family👨👩👧👧.
Here are some fun theme day ideas:
- Scavenger hunt day🔎.
- Pirate day🏴☠️.
- Sports day⚽🏀🏓.
- Book day📚.
- DIY day🎋.
- Costume day👑🥻.
Benefits of having theme days🎭:
- Some fun time with friends and family👨👩👧👧.
- Improves⬆ creativity✨.
- Creates opportunity to develop social skills👧🏻👦🏻.
The summer holidays don’t❌ have to be boring😞, it can be fun😁💃🏻 and exciting while you develop some amazing skills💯 and keep active.